Waiting for a Response
After I dropped the letter, which contained the request for permission to sell pottery and my contact information at el Mercado San Juan, I waited. Things at class were really busy, and I needed the time to catch up on everything else. I waited for about a week and a half. No response. No response means No, I thought. And so, in my mind, I started thinking of where else we could sell. Maybe there’s another Mercado close by… Perhaps we can sell on the main plaza… I decided I’d go see the women that Friday, give them the bad news, and help them start planning an alternative.
Friday morning, I decided to go to the market first, before seeing the women. If they were going to say no, they’d have to say it to my face. I walked in prepared for the worst, but I wouldn’t let the set back put me down. I met the administrator in his office, and he greeted me with a smile. At least he recognized me, which was a good start. I shook his hand, and asked about the decision. He said YES, we could start as soon as Sunday.
Giving the news to the rest of the women was great. I was happy, and so were they. However, before we could sell there were a ton of preparations to be made.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home