Writing the Letter
When we left his office I promised María and Florita I would have the letter there that day by 3pm and we parted ways. They were taking a bus back to El Porvenir and I needed to get back to the central park in town where I would be picked up by a Peace Corps driver at 11:15am.
As I walked back to the park (I had no idea how to get there), I pondered my options. I had about 45 minutes until I was picked up. I could go into the nearest Internet Café and type the letter there, but 45 minutes did not seemed enough to find an Internet Café, type a letter, get back to the market, drop the letter, and walk back to the center. For all I knew walking to the center alone could take me 45 minutes.
I tough it was best to get back to the park and wait there. Maybe I could be excused from class in the afternoon to write and drop the letter. I could use a computer and printer at the training center and find a way to get back to the market to drop it.
It took me about 20 minutes to walk to the park, and I drafted the letter while I waited. By the time I got to the training center, I had finished it in my notebook and quickly asked my Spanish teacher to review it. I explained the situation, and he said they would type the letter for me at the office and send a driver to deliver it.
That was awesome!! It felt really cool to have all those resources at my disposal.
In the letter, I included the phone numbers of the center where I could be contacted and asked them to please call me with a response during business hours.
After that, all I could do was wait for the response from the Board of Directors.
1 Comments:
Que bueno que pudistes resolver lo de la carta. Tu tienes un angelito que te cuida.
Besos, Mami
Post a Comment
<< Home